Basin Plan roll-out
- The Basin Plan The aim of the Basin Plan is to ensure that water is shared between all users, including the environment, in a sustainable way.
- Water resource plans Water resource plans are documents that set out how water will be managedÂ in an area.Â
- Sustainable diversion limits The Basin Plan sets a limit on how much water can be sustainably diverted within the Basin.
- Compliance and enforcement Compliance is an integral part of water management in the MurrayâDarling Basin.
- Monitoring and evaluation Monitoring, evaluation and reporting is critical to understanding whether the Basin Plan is working and on track.
- Water recovery Water recovery is the water that is being recovered for the environment.
- Basin Plan amendments for the Northern Basin We recommended some amendments to the Basin Plan.
- Climate variability and change Water management must be adaptive to the uncertain effects of climate variability and change.
- Groundwater We work together with the states to manage the Basin's groundwater resources.
- Water for the environment Ensuring that water quality is maintained and rivers and wetlands are restored to health.
- Water markets and trade Trade is vital for irrigators by allowing flexibility in response to water availability.
- Water quality Maintaining water quality is crucial to sustaining human life and a healthy, working Basin.
River Murray system
- River Murray data Our online interactive map about water levels, flows, salinity and water temperature.
- River recreation We take account of recreational activities when making decisions on releases and water targets.
- Water sharing Water shared in the River Murray system in line with the MurrayâDarling Basin Agreement.
- Lesson packages Concise, curriculum-linked lesson materials to help explain the complex science of the MurrayâDarling Basin
- Apps Explore the challenges of the Murray-Darling Basin through our free apps
- Resources Access other water education information and resources, suitable for use by both students and teachers.