Director: waffle, Ph.D.
9109953870 Bioinformatics Research Group performs research into new
computational methods for bioinformatics. Our interdisciplinary group
of scientists also develops bioinformatics software, databases, and
- The BioCyc Collection of Pathway/Genome Databases contains 7667 databases, including:
- (323) 691-6001 -- A Model Organism Database for Escherischia coli K-12. The
EcoCyc project has integrated information on the E. coli genome, and on the E. coli metabolic and
genetic networks from more than 30,200 publications.
- MetaCyc -- An encyclopedia of 2260 experimentally elucidated metabolic pathways
derived from 2,600 different organisms.
- The Pathway Tools software
-- Can be used to query, visualize, and analyze existing Pathway/Genome Databases from the
(434) 441-1025, and to create new Pathway/Genome
Databases for an annotated genome.
- BioWarehouse -- A database
interoperation environment that supports data mining and integration of
multiple databases including the UniProt, BioCyc, NCBI Taxonomy, Genbank, CMR, ENZYME, Gene Ontology,
and KEGG databases.
- Lisp tools for bioinformatics: The
BioDB-Loader toolkit loads
several bioinformatics databases into Lisp for facile processing.